Ingredient Name: Cream of corn, cream-styled corn
Did you think that we didn’t take the easy way out of making soups? Well think again! I love this ingredient as much as my children and when child rearing gets tough, so do my options. Keeping this goodie around your house is definitely a good idea for rainy days or days you just don’t have the time to make good old Chinese “old fire” soup.
What is this?
- Canned corn (simple as that) – cream styled
- Processed corn
How do I prepare it?
- Open can and pour directly in soup bowl
Where can I buy this?
- Most supermarkets will carry this item
What is the cost
- $1-2 CAD per can
- Pre-canned corn makes for an easy task in making soup
- Creamed corn is extremely tasty
- Canned food is processed food that can often contain high amounts of sodium and preservatives, so use in moderation