Soup Name: Vegetarian Vegetable Broth
Traditional Chinese Name: 蔬菜湯 (shūcài tāng)
This is basically vegetables and water, but to think that a combination of the right vegetables can be so tasty! You really don’t need to add any additives such as salt, sugar or meat because it really is delicious as it is. Consider using a variety of vegetables as well, such as red beets (which I will try as a recommendation from a friend), potatoes, yams, Chinese yams and more. This soup is ideal for any age group, condition and individual!
What ingredients are required?
3 fresh carrots, cut into large pieces
2 fresh corn, cut into large pieces
1 whole Japanese pumpkin, largely sliced with skin
3 whole red onions, sliced
2 fresh sweet potato, cut into large pieces
3 fresh tomatoes, cored and quartered
2 L of water
How do I prepare it?
- Rinse and prepare all vegetables and set aside
- Begin to boil your soup water
- When soup water boils, add all the ingredients together
- Boil on high for an hour
- Serve and enjoy! NO SALT NECESSARY!
- Oil free soup
- Excellent source of protein and vitamins (especially beta-carotene)
- Easy to make soup
- Ingredients are readily accessible and available in most supermarkets
- Serve soup with tomatoes to children one year and older
- No other known precautions, so enjoy!