Soup Name: Turkey Bone Sour Vegetable Soup
Traditional Chinese Name: 酸菜湯 (suan cai tāng)
One of our favourite things to do with holiday meats like the Christmas hams and Thanksgiving turkeys include saving the bones to create a delicious soup. As part of our own family tradition, we usually make a refreshing, clear and sour brothy soup using preserved mustard greens, like this yummy ham bone and sour vegetable soup.
Here is the turkey version using even fewer ingredients. It’s just as tasty!
What Ingredients are required?
1 leftover turkey bones (some meat left on the bones is preferable)
1 package preserved mustard greens
white vinegar, white pepper, and salt to taste
How do I prepare it?
- Boil your soup water and put in the turkey bones
- Boil for one hour
- Rinse the preserved mustard greens briefly in water and chop into smaller pieces
- 10 minutes before serving the soup, put the preserved mustard greens in and boil for a few minutes longer
- Add vinegar, pepper and salt to taste (we like ours extra sour)
- This soup is extremely easy to make and tasty
- It is also great for children who don’t mind the sour taste of the preserved mustard greens