Soup Name: Longan Meat in Turtle Soup
Traditional Chinese Name: 龍眼水魚湯 (lóng yǎn shuǐ yú tāng)
A warm and healing soup, it’s often recommended for cold winter days and/or pregnancy and confinement. The turtle meat is said to be a healing meat (similar to chicken) and can be made with a variety of Chinese herbs.
What Ingredients are required?
How do I prepare it?
- Wash turtle meat and shell
- In a pan, fry meat and shell with ginger on high heat until cooked
- Boil your soup water
- Soak and wash dried longans, red dates and lily bulb
- Wash and chop Chinese yam (be sure to wear gloves as raw Chinese yam will make your hands itchy)
- When water boils, add all the ingredients together
- Boil on high for 30 minutes and then simmer on medium heat for another 3 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Healing soup ideal for confinement and early pregnancy (or post surgical recovery)
- Good for urinary infections and bladder
- Helps with asthma and breathing complications (such as shortage of breath)
- The shell is an excellent source of collagen
- Thoroughly clean and wash turtle, including shell
- Soup might be too heaty for some people