Soup Name: Red Dates Tea
Traditional Chinese Name: 红枣茶 (Hóng zǎo chá)
My herbalist suggested I drink a simple tea made of red dates during my period. It’s super easy to make, as the dates are already sitting in the fridge and you just add hot water. Some people will boil it with a few other ingredients, such as wolfberries and fresh ginger slices. This is also an ideal confinement drink if you’ve got a bit of a sweet tooth – replace this in place of coffee or tea to avoid the caffeine, but get the benefits of the blood replenishment.
Amount serves: 1 cup for 1 person (you!)
What Ingredients are required?
6 dried red dates, sliced
1 cup of boiling water
How do I prepare it?
- Slice your red dates thinly
- Add to a mug and add boiling water
- Steep for 2 minutes. It will get sweeter over time as the tea steeps further.
- Helps rejuvenate the body after a period and restore blood loss
- Excellent for maintaining healthy blood pressure
- Excellent source of Vitamin C
- Make sure you remove the seeds of dried red dates as the seeds are known to create “fire” in the body