Corn, Pumpkin and Carrots in Pork Broth
Soup Name: Corn, Pumpkin and Carrots in Pork Broth
Traditional Chinese Name: 玉米南瓜紅蘿蔔湯 (yù mǐ nán guā hóng luóbo tāng)
Another variation of vegetable pork broth. The beauty of pork broth and natural vegetables is the different types of soups you can make based on seasonality and availability of various vegetables. I like orange veggies because of their intensity of beta-carotene and it eats like a meal. Just another great soup that is naturally sweet and perfect for the whole family.
What Ingredients are required?
1 pound of fresh pork shank
3 large carrots
2 fresh corn
1/2 fresh Japanese pumpkin
1 teaspoon of salt (for marinating pork)
2-3 L of water
How do I prepare it?
- Marinate pork in salt overnight (to expel the fire in the pork)
- Boil your soup water
- In a separate pot, boil water to blanch your pork
- Wash and chop all ingredients (pumpkin is both OK with or without skin)
- When your soup water boils, add all the ingredients together
- Boil on high heat for 30 minutes, reduce to a medium boil for another 1 hour
- Serve and enjoy!
- Soup extremely high in Vitamin A, C, and beta-carotene
- 100% natural ingredients ideal for children and pregnancies