Soup Name: Mustard Greens with Salty Egg Soup
Traditional Chinese Name: 芥菜鹹蛋湯 (jiècài xián dàn tāng)
A quick boil soup that is easy to make while stimulating the senses. The salted egg really brings lots of flavor to this otherwise slightly bitter soup. It’s distinct taste is refreshing and this soup is great in removing heatiness and cooling the body.
What Ingredients are required?
How do I prepare it?
- Wash mustard greens
- When your soup water boils, add in fresh ginger and mustard greens
- Crack salted egg into a bowl and release slowly into soup (keeping the egg yolk whole) – some people will remove the egg yolk and just use the egg whites
- Boil on high heat for 30 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
- Excellent soup for relieving heatiness
- Flavorful vegetarian soup (meatless)
- A non-old-fire soup that can be made in approximately half an hour
- Mustard greens have a slightly bitter taste, so don’t overuse
- Pregnant woman in their first trimester take caution as cooling soups can cause contractions
- Salted duck eggs are super salty and high in cholesterol