Ching Bo Leung
Soup Name: Ching Bo Leung
Traditional Chinese Name: 清補涼 (qīng bǔ liáng)
This traditional power house Chinese soup is unique in that it can be drank as a salty soup or sweet soup or even served cold as a drink. It is built on a combination of Chinese herbs with its recipe passed from generation to generation. Ching Bo Leung is said to improve the overall health and aids in digestion.
What Ingredients are required?
5-6 pieces of soloman’s seal
5-6 pieces of dried Chinese yam
2 tablespoons of uncooked barley (Job’s Tears)
10-12 dried longans
1 dried lily bulb
1 tablespoon of dried lotus seeds
1 tablespoon of fox seeds
4-5 pieces of snow fungus (optional)
1 pound of fresh pork shank (optional)
2-3 fresh fuzzy melons (optional)
2-3 L of water
How do I prepare it?
- Pre-marinate the pork with the salt and let it sit for at least an hour (overnight is best)
- Begin boiling your soup water
- Boil a separate pot to blanch pork
- Soak herbs in warm water for an hour
- Peel and cut fuzzy melons
- When water boils, add all the ingredients together
- Boil for at least 1 hour (longer if you wish the snow fungus softer)
- Serve and enjoy!
- Aids in digestive system
- Ideal for overall body health
- Use Chinese herbs sparingly when serving to children