This soup is ideal in dispelling heatiness from the body and nourishing the lungs. It is particularly good for the dry autumn season as it brings moisture back to the body and aids in cough and sore throat.
How do I prepare it?
- Begin boiling your soup water
- Boil a separate pot to blanch cogon grass
- Prep your pork lungs (see instructions)
- Soak in warm water the apricot kernals, dried dates and cleaned tangerine peel
- Wash and cut snow pears
- Blanch cogon grass in boiling water
- When soup water boils, add all ingredients together (including prepared pork lungs)
- Reduce to low heat and simmer for 3 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Ideal soup for nourishing body and lungs
- Bring moisture back to body
- Helps reduce heatiness in body
- Aids in cough and sore throat
- Ensure to thoroughly clean and cook pork lungs (to avoid a stale soup taste)