Ingredient Name: mulberry root, root bark of white mulberry, white mulberry root, morus alba extract, cortex mori extract
Traditional Chinese Name: 桑白皮 (sāng bái pí)
- A common Chinese herb that is used in Chinese medicine
- The dried and extracted root of the white mulberry tree – which is a tree common to China (and is considered a weed)
- The root itself is yellow and white in color with a few reddish-brown spots
- It is usually long in length and not very brittle (so difficult to break)
- It is cold in nature and slightly bitter in taste
How do I prepare it?
- Rinse well in warm water
Where can I buy this?
- Available in Chinese herbalist or specialty stores
- Sometimes available in HK wet marts
What is the cost?
- Relatively affordable
- This herb removes heat from the body and lungs
- It is ideal in aiding with symptoms of cough and asthma
- As it is a cooling ingredient, pregnant women in their first trimester should take caution as cooling ingredients cause contractions
Any additional information?
- Store in a cool, dry place
- Can store up to 3 months in a sealed container