Soup Name: Sweet Potato, Corn and Chinese Yam in Fish Soup
Traditional Chinese Name: 蕃薯玉米魚湯 (gān shǔ yù mǐ yú tāng)
What Ingredients are required?
2-3 L of water
salt to taste (optional)
How do I prepare it?
- In a shallow pan, fry the fish with the ginger until the meat is cooked and the edges are slightly crispy
- When cooked, set aside to cool
- Prepare vegetables and take caution with the Chinese Yam (wear gloves or keep the skin on)
- Boil your soup water
- When the water boils, add all the ingredients together and boil on high for thirty minutes
- Reduce heat to simmer for another thirty minutes
- Salt to taste if needed, but try it first
- Serve and enjoy!
- This soup serves as a great base for noodles or macaroni
- It is very low in fat
- A neutral soup that is ideal for the whole family
- All the ingredients can be consumed
- Be careful of bones on the fish fillet if eating as a meal