Papaya and Snow Fungus Chinese Dessert
Papaya and Snow Fungus Chinese Dessert (or sweet soup)
Traditional Chinese Name:
木瓜雪耳糖水 (mù gua xuě ěr táng shuǐ)
A traditional Chinese sweet soup (or sweet dessert) that is restores and cleans your body from impurities. It is said to be great for balancing skin tone and is moisturizing for the body. Extremely easy to make and is already naturally sweet from the Papayas.
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 2 hours
Total time: 2 hours 30 mins
Serves: 2 cups
- Soak snow fungus and dried apricot kernals overnight
- Start boiling your soup water
- Using scissors (or knife) cut enlarged snow fungus into edible sizes
- Wash and remove seeds from papaya. Cut into edible cubes
- When water boils, add all ingredients together
- Boil on medium-high heat for at least 30 minutes (or until snow fungus is at desired softness)
- Serve and enjoy!