This is one of my favourite soups. It’s really called the 5-orange ingredient fish soup because all you need are 5 ingredients (for which most of them are orange-coloured)- but for the sake of making it sound nice, I’ve renamed it. This soup is YUMMY. It is ideal for children, it’s packed with beta-carotenes and it’s all 100% natural ingredients. The longer you boil it (or the smaller you make the pumpkin pieces), the thicker the soup. I like my pumpkin pieces soft and intact, so I keep the pumpkin pieces very large.
What Ingredients are required?
2 fresh Grass Carp fish tails
1 medium-sized fresh japanese pumpkin
3 large carrots
1 large fresh onion
2 slices of fresh ginger
2-3 litres of water
1 tsp of salt to marinate your fish
1 tsp of oil to fry your fish
How do I prepare it?
- Excellent low calorie soup with high dietary fiber.
- It is mild enough for children and extremely easy to make.
- High beta-carotene content
- Use a soup bag to avoid disintegration of fish and bones – which can be potentially dangerous to children
- After the fish is cleaned, wipe the fish with paper towels or a cloth to remove excess water
- Cover the fish with a small amount of salt (inside and out)
- Let it sit for an hour and then drain any water
- Peel and cut all the vegetables
- Start boiling your soup water
- In a pan, add oil and fry the ginger with the fish on low-medium heat (until the fish is completely cooked and the skin is a slightly browned)
- Put the fish into a soup bag and add to water
- Add all ingredients together into the boiling water
- Boil for 30 minutes on high heat, reduce to summer for another 2-3 hours (or use internal cooker)