Soup Name: Gobo in Pork Bone Soup
Traditional Chinese Name: 清牛蒡豬骨湯 (qīng niúbàng zhū gǔ tāng)
A naturally sweet and delicious soup with minimal ingredients. It is a neutral soup that has many benefits (see below) and is very easy to make.
2-3 L of water
How do I prepare it
- Blanch fresh pork bones in a pot of boiling water
- Boil your soup water
- Wash, peel and cut gobo into edible sizes
- Rinse honey dates and dried scallops in warm water
- Once soup water boils, add all the ingredients together
- Boil on high for 30 minutes, reduce to a simmer for another 1 hour
- Serve and enjoy!
- High amounts of calcium, potassium, iron and amino acids
- Soup helps promote bowel movements and urination to eliminate toxins
- Helps reduce blood sugar, fat and blood pressure
- Ensure gobo is purchased from a reputable source