Ingredient Name: Fish paste
Traditional Chinese Name: 魚片 (yú piàn)
What is this?
- A common Chinese ingredient composed of ground fish (usually 鯉魚 (wan yú) in breed), green onions and salt
- Often used in dim sum, fried dishes, hot pot, soups and stews
How do I prepare it?
- Often usable as purchased
Where can I buy this?
- Available in Hong Kong wet marts (at fish, tofu or seafood vendors) – customized amount
- Can be purchased in supermarkets as prepackaged amounts
What is the cost?
- Amount pictured above cost $20 HKD
- Excellent source of non-fat protein
- Extremely flavorful when added to soups of stews
- Ensure it is thoroughly cooked before consumption (ie: in boiling soup or high heat)
Any additional information?
- Store in refrigerated environment for up to 3 months