Soup Name: Corn with Ham in Turkey Broth
Traditional Chinese Name: 玉米火腿火雞湯 (yù mǐ huǒ tuǐ huǒ jī tāng)
A simple, delicious and easy to make soup with readily available ingredients from your supermarket. It’s healthy with minimal fat and the kids devoured it!
2-3 turkey legs
3 fresh corn
10 slices of fresh ham
4 honey dates
2-3 L of water
How do I prepare it
- In a pot, add water and honey dates and bring to a boil
- Rinse and de-bone turkey legs
- Rinse corn and using a sharp knife, slice the corn off the cob by holding the corn upright (optional – but my kids love to eat the pieces of corn floating in the soup)
- Rinse ham in warm water and slice into edible pieces
- When your soup water boils, add all the ingredients together
- Boil on high for 30 minutes and reduce simmer for about an hour (this is to let the turkey meat soften and release flavors)
- Serve and enjoy!
- Easy to make and delicious
- Quick soup that requires little preparation
- Excellent source of protein
- Turkey thighs are a low fat meat that is high in Vitamin B’s
- None! Enjoy!
OOiRnAFZB0A.. Great! 🙂
Can I use pork or Chicken instead of Turkey legs? If yes, which part of pork and chicken.
Yes, you can use pork or chicken instead of turkey. I’d recommend pork shank or pork bones (shoulders is a good bone) which are less in fat. If you go with chicken, the whole chicken is OK, although be sure to remove the oil. Hope this helps! Lisa
I made this soup last night and it was delicious. My picky 3 year old gave it the thumbs up. 🙂 Thank you.