Soup Name: Chrysanthemum Drink or Chrysanthemum Tea Drink
Traditional Chinese Name:菊花茶 (jú huā chá) or 菊花水 (jú huā shuǐ)
Chrysanthemum is a classic Chinese flower that is used in teas, drinks and desserts. It’s easy to make yourself and is a can be a refreshing coolant in the hot summer days or drink hot as a tea with or without sugar. It’s got a very distinct taste and is highly fragrant.
What Ingredients are required?
4-5 tablespoons of dried Chrysanthemum
1 piece of rock sugar (add amount as desired)
5 cups of water
How do I prepare it?
- Rinse Chrysanthemum in warm water
- Add to cold water and boil
- When boiling add rock sugar
- Boil for 30 minutes
- Can add ice or cool to be served as a cold drink!
- Helps reduce heatiness and is a cooling drink
- Can help reduce acne (cool the skin and body)
- Aids in digestion and is often taken with meals
- Also said to be be helpful in curing blood pressure, coronary heart disease, high cholesterol, heart colic and arteriosclerosis
- Not be consumed by women who are pregnant – especially in first trimester as it’s a cooling food