Soup Name: Chicken and Dried Longan Soup
Traditional Chinese Name: 雞湯 (jitāng)
This recipe results in a sweet, clear soup that is delicious and great to drink during the winter (cooler) season due to the heatiness of the longan.
What Ingredients are required?
How do I prepare it?
- Soak the dried longan in warm water until soft
- Prepare the chicken (see chicken for preparation steps)
- Start boiling your water soup
- In a separate pot, blanch the chicken and strain it removing any dirt and debris from the blanching
- Add the chicken to the boiling water of your soup
- Add the apricot kernals, wolfberries, yuzhu and pre-soaked dried longan
- Boil for at least 45 – 60 minutes until the chicken is cooked (tender and falling off the bone is best) and the soup has turned a wonderful brownish color
- It is a great soup to regain heatiness in the body and warm your blood during the cold winter months
- None, unless you are concerned about heatiness. Otherwise, enjoy!