Soup Name: Whole Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Traditional Chinese Name: 雞菜湯 (jī cài tāng)
I don’t know if it’s classified entirely as a Chinese soup, but it’s delicious! It’s similar to this version of Chicken and Veggies Soup, except it’s a more “old fire” soup because it’s boiled for much longer. There are no herbal additives or Chinese medicine included in this soup, but it is super sweet and extremely tasty. The Chinese often use a whole chicken, including the feet, heart, liver, neck and everything in between.
2-3 L of water
How do I prepare it
- Blanch fresh chicken in a pot of boiling water
- Boil your soup water
- Prepare all the vegetables by washing and cutting into edible portions
- When water boils, add all the ingredients together
- Boil on high for 30 minutes and reduce to simmering for another 1.5 hours
- Serve and enjoy!
- Easy to make and delicious
- Neutral soup that is ideal for any drinker
- Excellent source of fiber and nutrition
- The use of fresh chicken in the soup can create an oily film on the surface of the soup. Use an oil strainer to remove any excess oil before serving.