A simple vegetarian soup that is designed to be cleaning, freshing, mildly sweet and easy to make. It’s actually designed for feverish children as there is no meat and all the ingredients help add moisture to the body and rid the body of mild heat. You must boil it for at least 2.5 – 3 hours for the soup to help with reduction of temperature.
How do I prepare it?
- Begin boiling your soup water
- Soak azuki beans and lentil in warm water for 10 minutes
- Clean and scrape the tangerine peel (to be rid of any bitterness)
- Wash, peel and cut the corn and arrowroot
- Add all ingredients together into soup water (even if not boiling)
- Reduce to low heat and simmer for 3 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This is a neutral and healthy soup for children
- This soup is great for the wet and stuffy spring season
- It is a fever reducing soup that brings moisture to the body
- High starch content soup ideal as a meal
- Helps soothe the stomach for nausea and indigestion
- None that I am aware of!