Soup Name: Vegetarian Arrowroot and Corn Soup
Traditional Chinese Name: 粉葛玉米清湯 (fěn gé yù mǐ qīng tāng)
A simple vegetarian soup that is designed to be cleaning, freshing, mildly sweet and easy to make. It’s actually designed for feverish children as there is no meat and all the ingredients help add moisture to the body and rid the body of mild heat. You must boil it for at least 2.5 – 3 hours for the soup to help with reduction of temperature.
What Ingredients are required?
1 fresh arrowroot
3 fresh corn
1 piece of dried tangerine peel
80g of azuki beans
80g of lentil
2-3 L of water
How do I prepare it?
- Begin boiling your soup water
- Soak azuki beans and lentil in warm water for 10 minutes
- Clean and scrape the tangerine peel (to be rid of any bitterness)
- Wash, peel and cut the corn and arrowroot
- Add all ingredients together into soup water (even if not boiling)
- Reduce to low heat and simmer for 3 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This is a neutral and healthy soup for children
- This soup is great for the wet and stuffy spring season
- It is a fever reducing soup that brings moisture to the body
- High starch content soup ideal as a meal
- Helps soothe the stomach for nausea and indigestion
- None that I am aware of!
I am also a vegetarian and my body has never been in a very good shape. Being a vegan can really make you much heathier.;-“
you can avoid indigestion by eating high fiber foods.::;
i often get indestion coz i eat a lot in one day, lots of fruit juice helps ease indigestion~:`
This is one of my favorite chinese soups and when visiting my mom, I could always identify the smell as soon as I walked in the door. Shame I can’t buy arrowroot in Dubai. I often think about bringing some back from the US but my luggage is always full of other stuff I can’t get here!