Pork Bones with Apples and Snow Pears Soup
Soup Name: Pork Bones with Apples and Snow Pears Soup
Traditional Chinese Name: 豬骨蘋果雪梨湯 (zhū gǔ píng guǒ xuě lí tāng)
Introduction: This soup is excellent and ideal for hot summer days. It’s also very good for children and mildly relieves heatiness. It is sweet to taste and the contents are extremely healthy to eat. You can mix this combination up by throwing in a variety of vegetables as well like corn or carrots.
What Ingredients are required?
1 pound of fresh pork bones
3-4 fuji apples
3-4 snow pears
2-3 large dried dates
3-4 L of water
1 teaspoon of salt (to marinate the pork bones)
How do I prepare it?
- Pre-marinate the pork with the salt and let it sit for at least an hour (overnight is best)
- Begin boiling your soup water
- Rinse and soak in warm water the dried dates for 10 minutes
- Blanch the pork in a separate pot of boiling water
- Wash the snow pears and apples, halve and core
- Add all the ingredients to boiling water
- Boil for at least 2 hours
- Snow pears are cooling and help in nourishing the lungs and cooling the heart
- This soup is ideal for the summer months
- Snow pears are mildly “cooling” so people who sensitive to cooling soups should caution