Soup Name: Chinese Radish with Carrots in Pork Broth
This is a very common soup made in Chinese households. The combination of Chinese radish and carrots makes the soup very sweet and the Chinese radish has a particular taste when boiled (especially green ones). With its minimalist ingredient list, it is ideal for children.
What Ingredients are required?
1 tsp of salt to marinate your meat (optional)
How do I prepare it?
- Pre-marinate the pork bones overnight with the salt (although this step is not necessary)
- Start boiling your water soup
- In a separate pot, blanch the pork shank and strain it to remove any dirt and debris from the blanching
- Wash all the vegetables
- Peel and cut into large cubes the carrots and Chinese radishes
- Add everything into the boiling water of your soup
- Boil together for at least 30 minutes and then can reduce to a mild simmer for another 1-2 hours.
- Excellent low calorie soup with high dietary fiber.
- It is mild enough for children and extremely easy to make.
- Great to assist with digestion and upset stomach.
- Chinese radishes are a cooling food and pregnant women should consume with caution.
- It is not ideal for people with coughs or colds.