Gossampinus Malabarica Flower (Mu Mian Hua)
Ingredient Name: Mu Mian Hua, Gossampinus malabarica flower, Kapok
Traditional Chinese Name: 木棉花 (mu mian hua)
What is this?
- A large, pretty flower which is harvested at full bloom (during the Spring) and then dried to preserve for easy use
- These flowers can be found on the tops of large cotton trees (which grow 12 – 15 metres in height) and are native to Australia and South East Asia
How do I prepare it?
- Rinse before use and put directly into your soup.
Where can I buy this?
- This can be found in most Asian herb shops and some asian supermarkets.
What is the cost?
- 2-3 flowers (which can be used in one large pot of soup with 2-3L of water) costs under $2 CAD.
- A diuretic (good for kidneys)
- Promotes blood circulation, reduces swelling
- May also help with chronic gastritis, gastric ulcer, diarrhea, dysentery, sores, and bruises
- Used by some to treat hypertension, diabetes, migraine, kidney stones, asthma, slimming, back ache, libido
- As with most diuretic herbs, maintain proper hydration when using and avoid long-term use