Ginseng Fruit and Gobo in Vegetable Soup
Soup Name: Ginseng Fruit and Gobo in Vegetable Soup
Traditional Chinese Name: 牛蒡人参果湯 (niúbàng rénshēn guǒ tāng)
A very clear and deep sweet soup that is extremely flavorful and rich in Vitamins. Both the ginseng fruit and the gobo root give this soup all the flavor it needs, so no meat is required. You can add a variety of vegetables to it like carrots, corn, chayotes, onions to make your soup creation. The great thing about using ginseng fruit is that the soup actually smells and tastes like ginseng, but without the hole in your wallet!
What ingredients are required?
3 fresh carrots, cut into large pieces
2 fresh corn, cut into large pieces
2 fresh gobo root, cut into large pieces
5 fresh ginseng fruit, halved
1 tablespoon of apricot kernels
2 L of water
How do I prepare it?
- Soak apricot kernals in water for 10 minutes
- Start boiling your soup water
- Wash and prepare ginseng fruit, gobo root, carrots and corn
- When soup water boils, add all the ingredients together
- Boil on high for 30 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
- Oil free soup
- Naturally flavorful because of both the ginseng fruit and gobo root
- Excellent source of protein and vitamins
- High amount of natural minerals
- Easy to make soup
- Neutral soup for any soup consumer
- Be sure to use ripen ginseng fruit as unripe ones contain an ingredient called saponin, which dries out your mouth