With winter well on it’s way, I can’t think of a better way to warm up after returning home from the cool outdoors than by drinking a warm Chinese soup — it will warm you from the inside out.
This one is relatively easy to make, is great for children and may be helpful as we are well into cold & flu seasons as there are mild benefits that may be helpful. The chicken soup base provides a nutritious base, while the apricot kernels help with phlegm expulsion (for those pesky coughs). In addition, the wolfberries are high in antioxidants, irons and vitamin A and C. The carrots and Chinese radish add sweetness and, if you eat them (which we hope you do!) are deliciously filling, too.
Hope you enjoy this soup and bundle up!
Soup Name: Chinese Radish and Chicken Soup
Traditional Chinese Soup Name: 青紅蘿蔔雞湯 (qing hóng luóbo ji tāng)
- 1 whole [url href=”http://www.thechinesesouplady.com/chicken-whole/”]chicken[/url]
- 2 [url href=”http://www.thechinesesouplady.com/chinese-radish/”]chinese radish[/url]
- 3 [url href=”http://www.thechinesesouplady.com/carrots/”]carrots[/url]
- A tablespoon of [url href=”http://www.thechinesesouplady.com/wolfberries-dried/”]wolfberries[/url]
- A tablespoon of [url href=”http://www.thechinesesouplady.com/apricot-kernals/”]apricot kernels[/url]
- 2 litres of water
- Salt to taste
- Prepare the chicken
- Soak the wolfberries and apricot kernels in room temperature water
- Start boiling the water.
- Cut the carrots and Chinese radish into pieces (if serving children, chop into bite-sized cubes)
- When the water boils, combine all ingredients
- Bring to a full boil
- Boil on medium heat for at least 1.5 hours
- Serve and enjoy!