A traditional Chinese drink which helps cool the body and reduce heatiness. It’s natural sweetness is perfect for hot summer days and this can be drank cold or hot. It is commonly found as a drink in most herbal dessert shops and is even bottled commercially.
How do I prepare it?
- Begin boiling your soup water
- Begin boiling another pot of water to blanch Imperatae
- Cut carrots, corn, water chestnuts and sugar cane
- When second water boils, blanch Imperatae
- When soup water boils, add all ingredients together
- Boil on medium heat for a good 1 hour
- Serve and enjoy!
- This drink eliminates heatiness and helps cool the body
- It is particularly refreshing when served cool in hot summer days
- Naturally sweet and requires no sugar
- It is not recommended for women who are menstruating or in the first trimester of their pregnancy as it is too cooling