Soup Name: Snow Pear with Pork Lung Soup
Traditional Chinese Name: 雪梨豬肺湯 (xuě lí zhū fèi tāng)
This soup is ideal in dispelling heatiness from the body and nourishing the lungs. It is particularly good for the dry autumn season as it brings moisture back to the body and aids in cough and sore throat.
What Ingredients are required?
1 set of pork lung
30 g of cogon grass (mao gen)
4 honey dates
4 slices of fresh ginger
2-3 fresh snow pears
1 tablespoon of apricot kernals
1 piece of dried tangerine peel
2-3 L of water
How do I prepare it?
- Begin boiling your soup water
- Boil a separate pot to blanch cogon grass
- Prep your pork lungs (see instructions)
- Soak in warm water the apricot kernals, dried dates and cleaned tangerine peel
- Wash and cut snow pears
- Blanch cogon grass in boiling water
- When soup water boils, add all ingredients together (including prepared pork lungs)
- Reduce to low heat and simmer for 3 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Ideal soup for nourishing body and lungs
- Bring moisture back to body
- Helps reduce heatiness in body
- Aids in cough and sore throat
- Ensure to thoroughly clean and cook pork lungs (to avoid a stale soup taste)
This is a great site! Thank you so much for sharing all these great recipes. All the reference info are so useful! I was hoping to make this recipe, when I got home from the market, I realized I bought pork kidney and not pork lungs. Yikes! Can I substitute pork kidney for pork lungs in this soup or are the pork lungs vital for this soup? Please advise. Thanks!
can you tell me how to make prok lung soup in cream color? If I don’t use almond, what else should I put in the soup to make cream color? thank you.