Soup Name: Pork Bones with Chayote and Fresh Chinese Yam
This milky soup is excellent for children and relieving coughs and colds. With its minimalistic ingredient list and sweet flavour, it is easy to make and digest and soothing to drink. Use pork shank if you’d like a leaner soup.
How do I prepare it?
- Begin boiling your soup water
- Blanch the pork in a separate pot of boiling water
- Wash chayotes and Chinese yam
- Using gloves, peel and chop the Chinese yam and chayotes
- Add all the ingredients to boiling water
- Boil for at least 2 hours
- This neutral soup is ideal for all drinkers (even children)
- This soup is great in relieving symptoms for coughs and colds
- Fresh Chinese yam must be handled wearing gloves or else they make your hands itchy
- Adding carrots or corn is not necessary to the soup