Soup Name: Papayas and Chestnuts in Pork Broth
Traditional Chinese Name: 木瓜栗子湯 (mù gua lì zi tāng)
A simple and extremely sweet soup that is ideal for relieving symptoms of cough and sore throat. It also brings moisture to the body and is highly rich in Vitamin C and Beta Carotene. Ideal for children and pregnant woman, it’s a family favourite.
What Ingredients are required?
How do I prepare it?
- Boil a separate pot of water to blanch the pork shank
- When water is boiling, add in chopped pork shank and boil on high heat for 5 minutes
- Strain and set aside
- In another pot of water, add chestnuts and boil for 8-10 minutes
- Take chestnuts off stove and strain of water. With gloves, peel chestnuts while still hot (the peel should fall off)
- Boil your soup water
- Wash and cube papaya
- Wash lily bulb in warm water
- When your soup water boils, add all the ingredients together
- Boil on high heat for 30 minutes, reduce to a medium boil for another 1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
- A naturally sweet soup that is ideal for all drinkers
- Excellent source of Vitamin C and Beta Carotene
- Helps with cough symptoms
- Papaya is a digestive aid
- None, enjoy!