Papaya and Snow Fungus Chinese Dessert
Papaya and Snow Fungus Chinese Dessert (or sweet soup)
Traditional Chinese Name:
木瓜雪耳糖水 (mù gua xuě ěr táng shuǐ)
A traditional Chinese sweet soup (or sweet dessert) that is restores and cleans your body from impurities. It is said to be great for balancing skin tone and is moisturizing for the body. Extremely easy to make and is already naturally sweet from the Papayas.
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 2 hours
Total time: 2 hours 30 mins
Serves: 2 cups
- Soak snow fungus and dried apricot kernals overnight
- Start boiling your soup water
- Using scissors (or knife) cut enlarged snow fungus into edible sizes
- Wash and remove seeds from papaya. Cut into edible cubes
- When water boils, add all ingredients together
- Boil on medium-high heat for at least 30 minutes (or until snow fungus is at desired softness)
- Serve and enjoy!
To answer your questions on what equipment I'm using, I've built a section here where you can find and explore what I'm using to make soups. Ingredients are a little harder, but I will do my best as I source them around. However, you can always message me on Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, or Facebook, and I will reply and try to point you in some direction!
A great help for fish or small bones in soups, including small ingredients such as barley, fox nuts, spices just to keep everything together.
A MUST HAVE in the kitchen! Energy saving, cost effective, and perfect for busy chefs! Check out my article here that explains it.
Another MUST HAVE in the kitchen for soups! It's so fine that it will scoop off the top oil and foam layer when using meats in your soup!
I use these types of stove top safe tea pots to make most of my herbal teas!