Guest Poster: Debbie!
Soup Name: Pumpkin Corn Pork Shin Fig Soup
What Ingredients are required?
1 piece of pork shin, sliced into 1/2 inch thick strips
1/2 fresh Japanese pumpkin, quartered with peel (and seeds)
2 whole corn, halved
2 whole carrots, sliced
6 dried figs
1 tbsp apricot kernals (north, bitter)
1 tbsp apricot kernals (south, sweet)
2 L of water
salt to taste
How do I prepare it?
- Slice pork and blanch in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes
- Drain pork and set aside
- Scrub pumpkin under running water and slice into large pieces, keeping the skin and seeds
- Clean and cut corn and carrots into edible portions
- Soak apricot kernals and figs in warm water for 10 minutes
- Start to boil your soup water and add figs to your cold soup water
- When your soup water is boiling, add all the ingredients together
- Boil on medium heat for 1 hour and set in a thermal pot for another 8 hours
- Serve and enjoy!
- Pork shin is a healthy cut of pork and has low fat content
- This soup is an excellent source of beta-cartone and vitamins
- This soup is neutral and great for children
- Be sure to thoroughly clean the pumpkin skin
- Corn, Pumpkin, Carrots in Fish Broth
- Corn, Pumpkin and Carrots in Pork Broth
- Pumpkin, Corn and Chestnuts in Pork Broth