Soup Name: Fuzzy Melon with Corn in Pork Bones Soup
Traditional Chinese Name: 节瓜玉米豬骨湯 (jié guā yù mǐ zhū gǔ tāng)
A mildly sweet soup that is rich in vitamins and nutrients. It can be eaten as a meal because of the hearty variety of vegetable assortment and is easy to make.
What Ingredients are required?
1 pound of fresh pork bones
2 fresh fuzzy melons
2-3 fresh corn
1 foot of fresh chinese yam
5 dried string figs
2-3 L of water
1 teaspoon of salt (to marinate the pork)
How do I prepare it?
- Pre-marinate the pork bones overnight with the salt (although this step is not necessary)
- Boil your soup water
- Blanch pork bones in a separate pot of boiling water
- Wash, cut and cube fuzzy melon (without skin) and corn
- When the soup water boils, add all the ingredients together
- Boil on high for thirty minutes, reduce to a simmer boil for another 1.5 hours
- Serve and enjoy!
- Helps detoxify the body
- Neutral soup for any consumption
- Consume soup as soon as possible. Fuzzy melons tend to sour if left out too long.
I had this soup just once made by my mom-in-law although not with corn. Love your site and will add you to my blogroll.
i love your website! thanks for all the amazing recipes.
may i substitute pork bones with chicken and chicken bones?
keep up the great work and thanks for sharing your knowledge.