Soup Name: Fish Tail Soup with Lily Bulb and Carrot
This milky soup is excellent for children. With its minimalistic ingredient list and sweet flavour, it is good for suppressing coughs and helping with sore throats. This soup is ideally consumed in the spring time when the weather alternates between warm and cool.
How do I prepare it?
- After the fish is cleaned, wipe the fish with paper towels or a cloth to remove excess water
- Cover the fish with a small amount of salt (inside and out)
- Let it sit for an hour and then drain any water
- Peel and cut the carrots
- Peel and dismantle the lily bulb – be sure to fully clean all the dirt embedded between the layers
- Start boiling your soup water
- In a pan, add oil and fry the ginger with the fish on low-medium heat (until the fish is completely cooked and the skin is a slightly browned)
- Put the fish into a soup bag and add to water
- Add carrots and lily bulbs
- Boil for at least an on high heat
- This neutral soup is ideal for all drinkers (even children)
- This soup is great in relieving symptoms for coughs and colds
- This soup is a great cough suppressant and soothing for sore throats
- Be weary of fish bones in the soup – it’s important to keep the fish pieces contained as it disintegrates in the boiling soup. Use a soup bag for this.