How do I prepare it?
- In a large pot (your soup pot), add COLD tap water
- Add conpoys and string figs directly to the COLD soup water
- Prepare the chicken (see chicken for preparation steps)
- In a separate pot, boil water to pre-boil the chicken
- Pre-boil chicken, strain and add chicken to the boiling water of your soup
- Open coconut and prepare (keep the coconut water and add to your soup)
- Cut up coconut to edible bite sized pieces
- Boil soup for at least 2 hours before serving
- This soup is rich in proteins and helps nourish the lungs and relieve coughing
- Coconut water provides an isotonic electrolyte balance, and is a highly nutritious food source
- Try not to eat too much coconut. The meat is high in saturated fats and eating too much may give you a tummy ache because it’s relatively hard to digest, although it’s great for constipation!
I love this soup because I love coconuts! But like mentioned above, just don’t eat too much. The longer you let this soup sit (say overnight), the better it tastes.