Soup Name: Chicken Feet, Snow Fungus and Apple Soup
Traditional Chinese Name: 雞爪雪耳 果湯 (tāng)
Chicken feet are very popular for use as the base meat in Chinese soups. Snow fungus adds a delicious texture and the apples add a sweet tang to the soup. This is a great winter soup.
What Ingredients are required?
6 pieces of chicken feet
2 large pieces of snow fungus
4 large fuji apples
1 tablespoon of apricot kernels
1 small piece (strawberry-sized) ginger (whole and skinned)
2 pieces of dried scallop
How do I prepare it?
- Start boiling your water soup
- In a separate pot, blanch the chicken feet and strain it removing any dirt and debris from the blanching
- Trim the nails and hardened skin from the chicken feet and add them to the boiling water of your soup
- Soak the snow fungus (approximately 2 large tennis ball-sized pieces) in cold water for 20 minutes) and cut into smaller pieces
- Wash, core, and quarter the apples
- Add the apples, snow fungus, dried scallops, and apricot kernels into the soup
- Peel the ginger and throw into the soup whole
- Boil for at least 60-90 minutes on high heat. The longer you boil it, the tastier the soup!
- This soup derives most of its benefits from the snow fungus.
- None that I can think of. Enjoy!