What Ingredients are required?
1 whole chicken (black)
50 g black beans
15 g dried chinese yam
15 g dried wolfberries
15 g codonopsis pilosula root (dang shen)
15 g astragalus root
10 g dried longan
6 large dried dates
600 mL hot water
How do I prepare it?
- Prepare the chicken
- Thoroughly rinse all herbs in running water
- Pan fry the black beans without any oil
- Put all ingredients inside a double-boiler pot
- Add hot water
- Cover and boil for 2 to 3 hours
- Salt (optional) and enjoy
- Black bean herbal soup is a popular soup for confinement with several variations (including the addition of old ginger and sesame oil).
- The black beans are highly nutritious and this particular soup is low in fat.
- This soup can be combined with a bowl of simple white rice for a complete meal
- None that I can think of. Simply eat everything in moderation. Enjoy!