Soup Name: Beef Brisket Vegetable Soup
Traditional Chinese Name: 羅宋牛肉湯 (luó sòng ròu niú tāng)
This neutral vegetable soup is completely made of 100% natural ingredients. It is ideal for children over the age of one who have had beef and pregnant women. The soup is sweet, flavorful and makes a hearty meal. You can make this soup with limited time and mix and match a variety of vegetables from your refrigerator.
What Ingredients are required?
1 pound of fresh beef brisket
3 fresh carrots
1 fresh large white onion
2 large white potatoes
2-3 L of water
1 teaspoon of salt (to marinate the beef)
How do I prepare it?
- Pre-marinate the beef overnight with the salt (although this step is not necessary)
- Cut beef into edible pieces
- Blanch beef slices in a separate pot of boiling water
- Boil your soup water
- Cut carrots, white onions and potatoes into large cubes
- Add all the ingredients together
- Boil on high heat for 30 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
- Extremely rich in proteins and vitamins from multiple sources of vegetables
- All natural ingredients with no added herbs
- Ideal for children who have tried beef
- Serves as a meal as well as a soup
- The Chinese believe that beef should be consumed in minimal amounts during post partum birth (or confinement)