Soup Name: Autumn Drink with Dragon’s Tongue Leaf and Luo Han Guo
A natural drink that is usually prepared during the autumn and winter days. It is particularly useful when the weather turns and people get the bouts of cold and coughs. This drink is excellent for prevention of cough and helps eliminate phlegm. It is naturally sweet, quite refreshing and can be consumed both warm or cold.
What Ingredients are required?
2-3 L of water
How do I prepare it?
- Start boiling your soup water
- Rinse all ingredients in warm water and crush olives and wampees (to release flavors during boiling)
- When the water boils, add all the ingredients together
- Boil on high for 30 minutes and reduce heat to medium (but still boiling) for another 30 minutes
- Sit to cool and enjoy! This can be drank cold or warm.
- Excellent drink for coughs, colds and reducing phlegm
- Helps moisten the lungs when the season turns (especially winter)
- Useful in quenching thirst and maintaining body moisture
- Anti-oxidants contained in the soup to help reduce premature aging and kill free radicals
- Use luo han guo sparingly – for some, the taste can be overpowering
- Do not use any sweet additives like dates or longan fruits (as they cause more phlegm)