Ingredient Name: Agrocybe Aegerita, Chinese mushrooms, Chestnut mushroom, Velvet pioppino, Black Poplar Mushroom (dried)
Traditional Chinese Name: 茶樹菇 (cha shu gu)
What is this?
- This is a very popular, edible mushroom which can be found all over the world
- The agrocybe genus of mushroom is believed to be the first of its kind to be cultivated by man and today, is typically cultivated and sold in the East (Asia and Australia)
- It has a rich, woodsy flavour which comes through when put into soups
How do I prepare it?
- Wash thoroughly before use
Where can I buy this?
- You can purchase this fresh from most Asian supermarkets
- It is also available in Hong Kong wet marts
What is the cost?
- The agrocybe aegerita is abundantly available and hence, is very affordable. It costs less than $2 CAD for 100g
- In traditional chinese medicine, this ingredient is used to stengthen the stomach, nourish the spleen, and reinforce the kidneys
- In western medicine, medical trials have shown this mushroom to also have anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and anti-tumour properties
- It also contains antifungal and antibiotic compounds
I am looking for chinese partnership to grow this type of mushroom at large scale. I have a enough land and resources to establish big farm. The only thing lacking is technology and spawn seeds.
Hope you can consider this partnership and take action.
Thanking you in advance
Dear Israel, I’m sorry, we’re not interested. Thanks, Lisa